Appendix I: Revision history
This chapter lists the main changes and additions that have been made
to the ChemApp Programmer's Manual since Edition 3.1. Note that not
all editions have been published in printed form.
An up-to-date copy of the HTML version of the manual, both for online
access as well as for download, can always be found on our web site at
Registered Users Area
Note that the access to this area of our web site is restricted to
registered users of ChemApp. If you haven't received a userid and
password yet, please contact email@example.com.
Edition 3.6 (release date: May 1st, 2003)
- Descriptions for the following new subroutines have been
added: TQCEN, TQCENL, TQGTHI, and TQGTED.
- Table 19: added new option 'AP'.
- In Table 2 and 9, the
solution models HTSZ, HTWZ, HTDZ, and PIHZ have been added.
- Added a note to Chapter 1.7 about all Windows
versions of ChemApp requiring a hardware key (dongle) as of
- Chapter 1.10 (ChemApp best practices) has been
Edition 3.5 (release date: July 1st, 2001)
- Descriptions for five new subroutines have been added that
were introduced with ChemApp V3.3.1 and relate to sublattice
phases: TQINLC, TQGNLC, TQNOSL, TQNOLC,
- The data-file
SUBL-EX.DAT (see Chapter 1.12.7)
is now part of the ChemApp distribution. Its main purpose is to
serve as an example data-file for the demonstration of the
various sublattice model subroutines.
- Descriptions for the subroutines TQOPNA and TQOPNB
have been added, those for TQOPEN, TQCLOS, TQRFIL,
and TQRBIN have been updated accordingly. The Chapters
1.11.2 and 1.11.3 have been added to
illustrate the use of the file I/O subroutines.
- The use of TQOPNA, TQOPNB, TQOPEN, and TQCLOS
CLOSE is now also recommended and
supported for FORTRAN programs. While this is not necessary for
FORTRAN programs which are linked to ChemApp in form of a static
library, it is required in many cases where ChemApp is used in
form of a DLL. The documentation of the subroutines involved has
been updated accordingly. Since these subroutines are now part of
the ChemApp core code, the associated error messages 901 and
902 have been changed to 107 and 108.
- A short text on user-defined models (Chapter
1.11.1) has been added.
- In Table 2 and 9, the
solution models SITZ, SUBE, and SUBG have been added. The models
RKXP, MARP, KKOP, and KKXP are no longer available as of ChemApp
V4.0.0, their entries in the tables have been deleted.
- Descriptions for the new subroutines have been added that are
related to transparent file handling: TQGTID, TQGTNM,
TQGTPI, TQOPNT, TQRCST, and TQGTRH. Chapter
1.11.4 has been added.
- A description for the new subroutine TQUSED has been added.
Edition 3.4 (release date: March 22nd, 1999)
- Table 19: added missing option 'VM' for
variable Volume/amount unit. All other variables of the
same group ('CPM', 'HM', 'SM', and 'GM') should be labelled
per amount unit instead of per mass unit too.
Edition 3.3 (release date: February 3rd, 1999)
- A note has been added to the description of TQCSC that it is
not possible to change the system components if the system
(i.e. the data-file loaded) contains one or more phases modeled
using the SUBO (Two-sublattice order/disorder) formalism.
- A note has been added to the description of TQCSPC to explain
some restrictions that apply to changing the status of phase
- Table 13: option 'A': For a
precipitation target, VAL must be < 0, not <= 0.
Edition 3.2 (release date: January 27th, 1999)
First printed and distributed edition for ChemApp versions 2.0.2